The field that I have chosen is the broadcasting industry. In the broadcasting industry, an average of around 3-4 years of experience is required for entry-level candidates. In most of the job descriptions, the candidates need to have some sort of experience in television production, strategic partnerships, direction, audio and visual content development.
The specific technical skills that appear to be in-demand are:
- Should be able to handle multiple formats such as Beta SP, Beta SX, SVHS, MPEG, etc.
- Ability to operate Macintosh and Windows computer platforms and familiar with AVID.
- Ability to use Adobe products such as Photoshop, After Affects, Illustrator and Premier.
- Ability to develop on-air programming and content strategies.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to research, synthesize and provide information via PowerPoint or online wikis for use in presentations and public speaking events.
The specific soft skills that candidates are expected to possess are:
- Strong skills in communication, both internal and external.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate well with fellow colleagues.
- Enthusiastic, flexible team player that has the willingness and aptitude to acquire new skills.
- Resourceful, self-directed, with tremendous initiative and solid follow-through skills.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to accomplish multiple tasks and to prioritize work, and be comfortable with a fast-paced, changing environment.
Some of the tasks or projects that professionals in this position might conduct are; content development, project management, online as well as offline marketing, publicizing and advertising.